Local Pastor Academy 2021-2022
Looking for an opportunity to discover how to lead in your local congregation? Eager to connect with other local pastors? Desiring to increase your skills and knowledge of local church ministry? Join us for the upcoming Local Pastor Academy so that you will be equipped to be sent into your community to “offer Christ to a hurting world.”
Who can register?
- Licensed local pastors, part- and full-time, whether or not they have completed Course of Study school
- Supply pastors
- Lay persons appointed to local churches as pastors
- Certified lay ministers or lay servants appointed to local churches as pastors
Eight Saturday Morning Virtual gatherings from 9 am-noon
- October 9 – Orientation to LPA
- November 13 – Preaching
- December 11 – Engaging and Connecting with the Mission Field
- January 8 – Emotional Intelligence/Conflict Management
- February 12 – Death and Resurrection of Congregations
- March 12 – Crisis Counseling, Weddings, and Funerals
- April 9 – Ordering the Life of the Church & Managing the Multiple Demands of Ministry
- May 14 – Evangelism and Outreach
This series of workshops also includes individual coaching sessions as you discover what God is calling your congregation to be and do, connect with other local church leaders, equip your congregation and yourself with the necessary tools for ministry, and send your congregation into ministry within your community.
The Local Pastor Academy is underwritten by the Turner Center for Church Leadership. Due to the stresses caused by the pandemic, the participant fee for all pastors in the program will be waived. Space is limited to 15 participants, and we ask that you register by
Monday, August 30. Deadline extended to September 7!
For More Information: Rev. Tom Laney | 615-720-3056 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To Register, email Elyse Bell email@example.com