The task to complete the plan of transition, organization, structure, staffing and budget is managed by a Guide Team appointed by the bishop. This guide team works closely with the larger Advisory Team, pulling members from it into smaller task groups to focus on specific operational and ministry areas.
Rob Martin and Melinda Britt lead this Guide Team which is made up of the following people:
Cindy Solomon is employed as a project coordinator to keep track of the workflow.
The guide team established the scope of work to be accomplished. They then began to guide working, conversational task groups to accomplish the technical and adaptive work before us.
The guide team created a covenant realizing that it essential for this challenging work. It is not a perfect document but a living one that relies on God to make it work. And they are extending the invitation for each of the teams working on this new conference to adapt this covenant for their own.
- We will bathe our work in prayer, seeking the Holy Spirit’s guidance in our work.
- We will choose to trust in each other and in the process.
- We will make decisions in alignment with our new conference mission, vision and values and make this our priority.
- We will lead with openness – hearing and listening to ideas that are not our own.
- We will be transparent by sharing information on our teams and with other teams and leaders.
- We will own our perspective and acknowledge and address conflicts of interest.
- We will do our work with a bias for thoughtful action.
- We will be empathetic for generations to come who will be living and leading in the new conference.
- We commit to seek input and reflection from diverse perspectives and experiences.
- We will speak publicly in a unified voice, while allowing disagreement in our teamwork.
- We will have each other’s back.
- We will hold each other accountable to our actions.
- We will be present physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- We will decide what will be communicated at the end of each meeting.
- We will share when we hit a rough patch in our work.
- We will remember our purpose as a team and be clear in our authority.