Maybe this is you …
- Have you ever wished that you knew more about the essential concepts and practices that you need to understand for your youth ministry?
- Maybe you wish you had a clearer picture of what your youth ministry needs to look like?
- Have you ever yearned for a stronger volunteer team?
- Have you ever felt a bit on the unorganized side and wished you had a better idea of how to keep all the balls in the air?
- Have you ever desired to know how to point your church’s young people toward deeper discipleship?
The truth is … that this is most of us!
The TWK Youth Ministry wants to help! That’s why we’re sponsoring a new TWK Youth Ministry Cohort that is scheduled to begin in August, 2022.
Cohort? What’s a cohort? A cohort is a group of people banded together, usually for a common purpose. This youth ministry cohort will come together over the course of nine months to take a deeper dive into more effective youth ministry.
What does this youth ministry cohort look like? This program has been designed by Ministry Architects and the TWK Conference Youth Ministry to help districts produce healthy, sustainable ministries to children and youth by strengthening the lay leaders and ministry staff within congregations in each district. This includes assisting congregations in designing a ministry plan and growing congregational support. It is not a cookie-cutter approach, but one designed to build systems and processes within each ministry at each church’s optimal level.
Participation includes four (4) in-person training days, six (6) coaching sessions for the team from each district (via Zoom with the cohort leader but teams can be in person), and applying what is learned in their own context, most likely an individual church. Once the cohort is complete, teams will implement a plan to further develop sustainable children’s and/or youth ministries in congregations in their district.
Who will lead the cohort? The cohort will be facilitated by Ministry Architects Senior Consultant, Stephanie Caro. Stephanie Caro has been involved in ministry to children, youth, and adults in the local church (both large and small) since…a long time ago. Her humorous, straightforward style keeps her busy presenting and coaching at conferences, training events, camps, mission trips, retreats, churches, etc.
Ministry Architects is the nation’s leading provider of ministry consulting, partnering with churches and their leaders, working alongside key stakeholders – including senior pastors, staff, leaders, parents, students, and children – to customize strategic plans for building successful and sustainable ministries.
How do my church and I participate? The cohort is designed for a minimum of two (2) representatives (or churches) and no more than five (5) from each district in the TWK Conference and will begin the school year-long process in August of 2022. Participation is by application only. Churches that meet the criteria for this program have:
- Pastoral support of the ministry by being an active part of the cohort process
- Team members who will prioritize the four (4) onsite training days
- Team members who will come to each training day with their “homework” done
- Team members who will bring a laptop or tablet for the tech portions of the training, if gathering in person
- Team members who make a commitment to the six (6) coaching calls by calendaring them and being available for the calls
- Team members who commit to the reading plan
- Teams who commit to developing an implementation plan within their own district
How much does it cost? The cost for this cohort is $250 per church for the 1st person, and $50 per person for any additional participants from the same congregation (up to 5 people from one church) with a maximum of $450 per church.
Scholarships are available upon request.
When will the cohort meet? The cohort will meet on the following dates: August 19, 2022, November 18, 2022, February 17, 2023, and May 19, 2023.
A typical training day looks like this:
9:30 AM Session 1
12:00 PM Lunch
12:45 PM Session 2
3:30 PM Dismiss
Where will the Sessions be?
Cedar Crest Camp
7900 Cedar Crest Camp Rd.
Lyles, TN 37098
What will we do? The cohort combines Shared Learning Experiences (the four onsite training days), Coaching Sessions with Individuals and Teams (usually virtual), and an Online Ministry Assessment to accomplish its purpose.
For more complete information about the content and format of the training components, click HERE.
What if I have a question? Or what if I want to register for the cohort?
For questions and registration, please contact Amanda Hartmann-Westmoreland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once registered, further info will be provided.