Saturday, December 4, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. | Online
Schedule for Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021
1:00 PM LOVING: Opening Worship with Bishop McAlilly preaching
2:00 PM LEARNING: Living and Leading in Covenant
Discussion and Invitation from TWK Connectional Table members
2:30 PM LEADING: Business of Organizational Meeting
Access will be by Zoom Webinar for 2021 Voters (the link was sent with your voting code)
Presentation and Votes on Materials Submitted for Approval
Closing Comments by the Bishop, Prayer of Thanksgiving and Sending Forth
MATERIALS FOR REVIEW: The consent agenda and other materials to be voted on and approved at the Organizational Meeting are available for review. Please review the items included and be prepared to vote. Questions can be asked and items discussed as needed during the online meeting on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021. Link to Materials for Voting
OFFERING: Funds will be collected for the Reelfoot Rural Ministries Toy Store (Memphis Conference) and The Last Minute Toy Store (Tennessee Conference). We encourage your church to support these helpful Christmas community ministries. Offering Details
If you are eligible to vote, a voting code will be emailed to you on November 30 and again if necessary, on December 1. It is our understanding that this will be a new and different voting code from the one you received for the June 2021 annual conference. If you do not receive a voting code by December 1, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Sessions (Attend One)
- Wednesday, December 1 at 5:30 p.m. @ https://link.gntv.info/twkmembertraining1/
- Thursday, December 2 at Noon @ https://link.gntv.info/twkmembertraining2/
Note: you CAN attend the training without your official voting code, if you have not yet received it.
Helpful GNTV Information
- Voting Help | GNTV Media Ministry (A 5-minute tutorial video at the top and then a Quick Tips Guide at the bottom along with their helpline phone number.)
- General Zoom Questions | GNTV Media Ministry (Answers to specific questions.)
- Virtual Event Quick Guides | GNTV Media Ministry (Downloadable quick guides for Virtual Events, Voting Instructions, Getting Recognized, and Zoom Polling).
Who is expected to attend online? 2021 Annual Conference Voting Members – Memphis and Tennessee Conference. The clergy and lay delegates elected to serve in 2021 (i.e. the same people who were eligible to vote in June 2021)
There is NO REGISTRATION for this meeting. Eligible clergy and 2021 voting laity are expected to attend and will be contacted via email using the address provided to the conference secretary by your district office.
More information and voting materials were made available in early November. Voting members/delegates and clergy will receive voting codes via email from GNTV a week before the meeting. If your email address has changed since June, please contact your district office now!
Emails sent out to those who will be eligible to vote in December can be viewed at twkumc.org/emails-to-voting–members.
The TWK Organizational Meeting will begin at 1:00 p.m. with worship, followed by a time for learning, and then a time for leading (business and voting). While the entire event could end as early as 3:00 p.m., the final length of the meeting will be determined somewhat by voter participation (questions, comments, etc.).
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND
If you cannot attend and vote, please follow the procedure below so an alternate can take your place.
Lay voting members can turn over voting credentials to the alternate voting lay member from their church. Please make this decision as soon as possible so a voting code can be obtained for that alternate voting member. In the event a lay member cannot participate they must:
- Contact their pastor.
- The pastor will email the district superintendent and district administrative assistant notifying them of the need to release the lay member and which elected alternate will be replacing the elected lay member.
- Upon approval, the district office will contact annual conference voting officials about the change.
- A valid voting code will be submitted to the alternate member.
If you have questions about the TWK Organizational Meeting, please email us at email@example.com.