Principal Functions for this position
Supports Multi-media Coordinator in the execution of media management; assists Communications Director in office tasks
Regular Duties as A/V Specialist:
• Perform functions in the absence of volunteers and the multi-media coordinator on Sundays and for special services/events including video recording/switching; managing sound board for in-room and recorded sound; operating Pro-Presenter
• On Sunday mornings, trouble-shoot and assist staff and volunteers with the use of media
• Build Pro-Presenter for worship services
• Complete Sunday post-production work including the upload of Sunday services to the website
• Other duties as assigned to assist the Multi-media Coordinator
Regular Duties as Administrative Assistant to Communications Director:
• Assist in the production of weekly bulletin inserts
• Print other materials for communications as needed (ex. newsletters)
• Assist in the coordination of IT needs of staff
• Prepare invoices and credit card receipts for director’s signature
• Other duties as assigned
• Basic understanding and capability of video editing
• Experience with Final Cut Pro preferred
• Fluency with internet and content management systems
• Experience with remote camera operation
• Familiarity with signal flow, networking, digital audio board w/multiple audio feeds, video protocols (sdi, hd-sdi, hdmi, etc) remote cameras, video switching hardware and software.
• Live video streaming and directing experience is a plus
• Adobe Creative Suite
Light physical activity performing, non-strenuous daily tasks of an administrative nature with moderate noise. Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Physical Demands: Ability to move media carts; access routers in the ceiling; climb stairs to sound board in balcony; ability to sit for long periods of time, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and visitor requests.
Continuous work on a computer to carry out daily tasks.
Ability to use general office equipment to include but not limited to using a multi-function copier, automated folding machine, multifunction printer, fax machine, and postage machine.
Part-time Position: Non-Exempt/Variable and flexible hours, including every Sunday morning and Wednesday night; other times as needed with flexible office hours /20 hours weekly
Please submit your application on our website at: https://www.westendumc.org/job-application
Contact the church at 615-321-8500 if you have any trouble with your application.
We hope to fill the position by August 1.
West End UMC is an equal employment opportunity employer.