Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Office of Administrative Services (OAS)
Reports to: Director of Administrative Services/Conference Treasurer
Classification: Part time
Summary of the position: The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Administrative Services (OAS) supports the clerical work of the OAS office staff, which consists of the Director of Administrative Services/Conference Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Assistant Benefits Officer and Assistant Administrative Officer/HR Specialist. This position requires excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail. The Office of Administrative Services includes the financial work of the conference clergy pensions and health plan, conference statistical reporting, and other administrative duties related to conference property and staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Organizational Skills: High ability to prioritize tasks and processes. Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects
- Time Management Skills: Effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer Savvy: Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of databases.
- Dependability: Able to meet deadlines and be reliable.
- Maintain confidences: Commitment to complete confidentiality and high degree of integrity.
- Team mindset: Ability to be a team player and work collaboratively.
- Interpersonal Skills: Capacity to work collegially and develop rapport with a wide diverse, variety of individuals and leaders.
- Helping/Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrate concern for, attend to the needs of, provide resources for the work of the Administrative Services Office
- Mission Mindset: Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the TWK Annual Conference.
- Faith: Evidence of intentional discipleship and faith in Jesus Christ.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with at least three years’ work experience in an office setting.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for the staff of the Office of Administrative Services, such as checking the mail and scanning mail to remote staff, tracking data in Excel or other databases, filing documents, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
- Handles paperwork, data entry and technical aspects of administrative processes.
- Handles organizational projects as assigned, such as scanning files to an e-document system for archival purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Hours and Compensation:
- 3 days a week, typically Monday through Wednesday but could include other days. Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm; Location: TWK UMC Conference Center at 304 S. Perimeter Park Dr., Nashville, TN 37211
- $18/hr to $22/hr depending on experience
- Employees working 20 hours a week or more are eligible for 403(b) retirement savings plan with a generous employer match of up to a 12% for an employee contribution of 3%.
- Because of the Conference’s religious status, its employees are not eligible for unemployment benefits under state law.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, computer etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with the public and other co-workers on business related questions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Qualified applicants, please send letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com and specify that you are applying for Administrative Assistant-OAS position. Deadline for submission: Friday, 2/10/23. Job is contingent on successful completion of references and background check.