Associate Director of Youth Ministry St. Luke’s United Methodist Church Orlando, Florida Revised: October 2022
Salary Range: $38,00 – $42,000
Position Description: The Associate Director of Youth Ministry is a part of the Grow Team and provides logistical, operational, and programming support to the Youth Ministry. The Associate Director creatively empowers leadership and volunteers, develops systems, communicates to participants, and handles administrative areas of the ministry.
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministry
General Responsibilities / Duties:
• Works with the Director of Youth Ministry and Youth Ministry Core team in leading youth, in growing in their discipleship of Jesus Christ.
• Provide operational/program support, logistics, and administration for the Youth Ministry.
General Ministry Programming:
• Awaken Disciples: Lead youth ministry programming (such as but not limited to) o weekly middle school programming
o summer programming
o serving opportunities
• Empowering Leadership:
o In youth and adults to embrace the vision, their spiritual gifts, passions, and talents in leading the ministry.
• Celebrating and Navigating Life:
o Cultivating relationships with youth and their families.
o Identifying and celebrating milestones in a young person’s life.
• Collaborates with Ministry Directors on church-wide ministry efforts.
• Collaborates with Youth Ministry Team, Grow Team, and volunteers to accomplish
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Youth Ministries and Church Pastors.
• Support the Director of Youth Ministry in developing effective and timely marketing to youth and parents
• Develop and support processes of communication with ministry leaders, volunteers, and participants.
• Empowers leaders (youth and adult) to follow up with new and fringed students.
Ministry with Volunteers:
• Empowers and engages with ministry volunteers to recruit, train, distribute curriculum/resources, communicate and make more efficient.
• Keeps a database of volunteers for each Youth Ministry area to ensure the proper utilization of volunteers.
General Ministry Administration/Management:
• Maintain database with information on volunteers, participants, and attendance and dashboards for Youth Ministries in-order to empower leaders and enable discipleship.
• Maintain Youth Ministry Calendar to ensure balance within the ministry area and overall church calendar as well as adequate time for marketing, volunteer recruitment, and ordering supplies.
• Provides administrative needs to the Youth Ministry Team to include, but not be limited to ordering of supplies, coordinating vendors, purchasing curriculum and dissemination for weekly ministry and special events.
• Prepares financial documents and/or digital process.
• Ensures budget management and financial needs of Ministry Teams are current and
assists in budgeting process with Directors and Executive Director of Administration.
• Attends Staff, Directors, and Youth Ministry meetings.
• Attend worship weekly
• Engage in a small group for personal spiritual formation and accountability
• Spend time with other youth ministers for support, networking, and sharing best
• Attend training / continuing education events and/or conferences along with Director of
Work Experience: Minimum of two years of experience working or volunteering with youth age students in a church or school-related setting.
Education/Training: A college education degree is preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to work on a team, goal-oriented, proficient in technology enabling the streamlining of processes and procedures, strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to fast pace/changing environments, solution finder.