Belmont United Methodist Church
Director of Worship and Music Ministries
Seeking an experienced church musician to lead a well-established music ministry
in a vibrant musical community.
Belmont United Methodist Church is a community of Christ-followers growing in love of God and neighbor. This is what we at Belmont UMC believe Christian discipleship is, what we are to be, and what Jesus meant when he sent his followers to “make disciples.” We believe every person is of sacred worth and created in God’s image. We commit to Jesus’ example of inclusive love, care, and intentional hospitality with (all) persons of every race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, faith story, physical or mental ability, economic status, or political perspective.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Music and Worship Leadership
– Promote the spiritual life of the congregation through music ministry.
– Plan and lead weekly worship with pastors and other staff for two Sunday services
– Provide music for all worship services, weddings and funerals and special seasonal events
– Schedule, prepare and rehearse music for adult and youth vocal choirs, adult and youth handbell choirs
– Actively recruit new members while nurturing current participants through retreats, try the choir nights, social events, etc.
– Plan and implement the Annual Youth Choir Tour
– Serve as organist/pianist for worship services as needed in cooperation with the organist and volunteer pianists.
– Serve as an integral member of the staff team. Participate in staff meetings, staff worship planning meetings. program ministry staff meetings (1-3 hours weekly)
– Prepare space and equipment for worship services and music rehearsals.
– Manage Music Ministry Budget
– Serve as curator for all instruments in the church.
– Relate to the working committees of the church such as, Worship Committee, Program Ministry Council and Administrative Board.
Oversight of Music Ministry Staff and volunteer leadership
– Director of Children’s Music Ministries
– Children’s Handbell Director
– Music Intern
– Music Librarians
Qualifications: Three to five years prior experience; Master’s degree in music preferred. Prefer candidate with an understanding and appreciation of UMC theology and practice.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000; Commensurate with experience and education.
Benefits: Medical Insurance: Individual Coverage (Employer Paid), Flexible Savings Account & Health Reimbursement Account (Employer Funded), Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Savings (Employer Match of up to 6%), Life & AD&D Insurance (Employer Paid), Vacation/Personal Leave, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave and Supplemental STD, LTD & Other Coverage Available (Aflac)
Each candidate should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– a cover letter
– a resume
– a link to a video of 5-10 minutes of the candidate directing a rehearsal
– a link to a video of 5-10 minutes of the candidate directing a choral performance
– a link to a video of a few minutes of the candidate playing piano and/or organ.
The deadline for submitting applications for this position is October 15, 2023.