City Road Chapel United Methodist Church is looking for an energetic and talented music virtuoso who is passionate about leading and empowering others to lift up their praise in song. This person must be able to direct a choir, lead a band, play a piano, and lift up a joyful noise to our Lord. They must also be able to work with a team of other staff to create and implement worship that is meaningful and creative.
City Road Chapel is a faith community in the Wesleyan tradition that is focused on living out Jesus’s commands to love God and love neighbor. City Road Chapel is engaged in a special way with persons experiencing homelessness in our community through operating a homelessness service center (Showers of Blessing) and our residential Mobile Housing Navigation Center. City Road Chapel also recognizes the diversity of the Madison area, and is a church that is working to be more reflective of our community.
Some of the requirements for the position include:
● Must be flexible and open to supervision, recognizing that the unique demands of a church environment often require an ability to adapt as circumstances change.
● Candidate must have a demonstrated competency on piano and/or organ.
● Candidate must be capable of working with different styles of music, including traditional sacred music, contemporary praise music, and gospel.
● Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to empower volunteer amateur musicians of varying abilities to share their musical gifts.
● Given the religious nature of the organization, the Director of Music Ministries should be a person of faith who is able to be sensitive to the pastoral needs of persons throughout the church and community.
● This position requires basic computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and web browsing.
This is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15 hours per week. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
For more information please contact Rev. Jay Voorhees at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://cityroadchapel.org/jobs