This position is located in East Nashville.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EEUMC Nursery Team is a key component to the overall community of East End UMC and plays an important role in the lives of our families. As a part of The EEUMC Nursery Team, your role is to provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and loving care to our children.
Mission: Each child will feel welcomed, loved, and nurtured and every caregiver will feel confident and secure in the care of their child in an environment that displays the love of God.
Nursery Supervisor Job Description
The EEUMC Nursery will actively support the development and management of the nursery and nursery programming, nursery staff development, and scheduling staff coverage for childcare during Sunday services. The nursery team works with children ranging in age from 6 weeks through 3 years old on Sunday mornings.
• Foster and grow relationships with caregivers, children, and nursery team members.
• Provide a safe, clean, welcoming and loving environment for all of our families and visitors.
• Implement faith formation curriculum for toddlers.
• Oversee the setup and break down of the rooms before and after each worship service.
• Oversee the care of all equipment and toys, including sanitizing toys, and coordinating the purchase of supplies when needed.
• Abide by EEUMC policies and covenants and report to Pastor with Children & Their Families.
Supervise Nursery Staff
• Maintain scheduling for all nursery workers (staff and volunteer).
• Ensure that church policies, safety measures and weekly faith formation curriculum are followed by the nursery team.
• Maintain accurate registration and attendance information on nursery-aged children.
• Oversee children’s ministry check in and check out procedures and ensure safety policies are followed.
• Perform weekly check in meetings with the nursery team before the worship service.
• Keep accurate time and payroll records for nursery team members.
• Experience, knowledge, and understanding of working with infants, children, and families.
• Clean background check.
• Adhere to Safe Sanctuary policies and keep up-to-date on child CPR and child First Aid certifications.
• A love for fostering the growth and development of children and team members.
• The ability to work all Sunday morning services unless otherwise approved by the Pastor with Children and their Families
• Staff management experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a flexible and fluid environment. Position is highly active and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, crawl, bend, and stoop. Employees must lift children, move supplies, or lift other items up to 40 pounds.
Set Sunday Morning Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (subject to change based on worship schedule/needs)
Equal Opportunity Employer
East End United Methodist Church provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about East End UMC at eastendumc.org.