Summary: Consistent with the Christian mission of Project Transformation Tennessee and under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Site Assistant is responsible for implementing activities and executing daily curriculum for elementary children at an afterschool program site. The Site Assistant will work with other site staff and volunteers to support participating children in holistic development.
This is a part-time position that requires an average of 7-15 hours per week, depending on schedule. Typical shifts are 2 or 4 afternoon per week, Monday through Thursday, 2:45-6:15. Additionally, approximately 3 evenings per semester are required for service at special events. The Site Assistant will serve August through April. Program breaks follow that of Metro Nashville Public Schools calendar.
– Model Project Transformation’s core values: mutual relationships, intentional community, connectional ministry, discernment of purpose, empowerment of young people, servant leadership, holistic development, and Wesleyan practice of faith.
– Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of elementary student outcomes, including: literacy mastery, academic level progression, improvements in social emotional learning, and regular attendance.
– Actively lead and engage a group of 20-30 children in activities outlined by the Site Coordinator. Assist with behavior regulation.
– Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings and in-service trainings, as required by program staff.
– Maintain positive relationships with Project Transformation personnel, volunteers, site church members, and families.
– Ensure the safety of all children at all times. Maintain organization policies and procedures.
– Assist with meal tracking, participant registration, and other program paperwork.
– Set up and take down program space so that area is prepared for program and community activities. This includes moving, cleaning, picking up, and putting back furniture and equipment, ensuring program space is left in organized fashion.
– Assume duties as directed by the Site Coordinator and Director of Programming.
– An enthusiastic, highly-motivated personality with the desire to serve others
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to relate effectively of people from all social and economic backgrounds.
– Enjoy working with children.
– Must present a professional image and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
– Minimum of 18 years old or have completed first year of college.
– Ability to pass a background check.
Applicants should apply online: https://projecttransformation.org/tennessee/our-programs/internships/apply
For more information, contact Ellie Crain (email@example.com).