Report to: Executive Director of Operations
Date Revised: 6/14/22
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. He/she will perform audio visual production work and has oversight of audio visual production in all three worship venues in addition to all classroom technology. The work involves the use of equipment and applications related to photography, video, and audio to encourage individuals and groups to express and grow in their Christian faith through the offering of their various gifts and talents to God in mission and ministry.
1. Provides technical coordination regarding the types of audio, visual, and lighting elements to be used and provides instruction on equipment use.
2. Provides oversight of all live productions of Sunday morning worship services, seasonal services, and special events.
3. Oversees setups for church functions requiring audio, visual, and lighting coordination with the custodial staff and volunteers.
4. Collectively works with communications and worship leaders in the planning and operational functions of creative audio, visual, and lighting productions.
5. Recruit, train, empower, and retain volunteers.
6. Troubleshoots to determine whether to repair, replace or send equipment out for repairs.
7. Acquires bidding for all major audio visual projects, in coordination with Executive Director of Operations.
8. Maintains and makes repairs to visual and hearing aid equipment.
9. Maintains worship lighting and keeps inventory on hand.
10. Maintains the Network TV’s and ensures Weekly CUMC slideshows are current and functioning properly.
11. Attend weekly worship meetings to discuss upcoming audio, visual, and lighting needs.
12. Coordinates volunteers and staff to provide audio visual support for special events that are not considered church-sponsored events as outlined in the A/V Usage Guidelines.
13. Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Senior Pastor.
Job Related Skills
• Extensive knowledge of live sound and video production
• Extensive knowledge of audio and video editing software
• Extensive knowledge of church presentation software (Pro-Presenter)
• Experience with lighting software and systems
• Multi-track recording, editing, and mixing
• Knowledge and experience with all aspects of production: switchers, projectors, cameras, video recording and editing, stream deck, and live-streaming.
• Technical Troubleshooting Skills – audio, video, and lighting equipment.
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Project Management & Collaboration Skills
• Time Management
• Instructing Others
• Communication Proficiency
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional church office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position is required to lift up to 75lbs. This position also runs specialized equipment for sound, videoing and lighting. This position is required to use a hydraulic scissor lift and ladder.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and will include weekend hours and evening hours as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma
2. Advanced training and certifications in technical worship arts preferred
3. 2 years of experience preferred in the audio and video ministry in the local church setting appropriate for this ministry position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to Blaine Tooley, Executive Director of Operations at email@example.com.