Some exciting communications changes are in the works for the future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference!
The Communications Strategy Team has been hard at work for over a year overseeing new conference “pre-launch” communications. Our timeline to become a new conference was pushed due to COVID but we are hitting the ground running this year in an effort to streamline communications on both the East and West sides of the river.
We are excited about the adaptive spirit of our conference ministries who have or are in the process of aligning together right now. We want to celebrate this and help move the whole area to our next chapter in becoming one conference.
Toward that end, on Monday, March 1, 2021, we will transition our social media from our legacy (Memphis and Tennessee Conference) sites to new pages. Last year, we secured the new future TWKUMC handles and have been building them in preparation for this transition to the following pages:
What does this mean for the legacy conference social media accounts?
- These accounts will not go away, but after March 1, the legacy social media accounts will no longer be updated with current events or information.
- We encourage you to “like” and “follow” the future TWKUMC accounts today!
The legacy conference electronic newsletters also will transition to a new TWKUMC format. After March 1, the legacy conferences’ e-newsletters: THIS WEEK – Memphis Conference United Methodist Church and Tennessee Conference E-News Connector will no longer be published.
All communication will come through the new future TWKUMC Newsletter.
Do I need to subscribe to the new newsletter?
- No, if you are currently on either Memphis or Tennessee conference newsletter lists, you will be automatically added to the new email list. If you would like to update your email or contact information in our system, please contact us via the email addresses listed below.
Does this change include the website?
- Not yet! The current transition will ONLY include the social media accounts and newsletter. However, our communications team has created a temporary future TWKUMC website where you can find information about the new conference, its leadership structure, and our already aligned ministries.
- Stay tuned after the 2021 sessions of each annual conference for the launch of a brand new twkumc.org website!
We are very proud and excited for this next step and strongly encourage you to share this announcement with church members and friends within your district. Don’t forget to go like our new future TWKUMC accounts!